The word Sholder is a contraction of the words “space holder”. A Sholder is trained to help you process emotions, unpack your thoughts and experiences without judgment or labels.
Sholders aren’t focused on improving you or changing you but instead shine a light on what is wanting to emerge for your optimal outcome. Sholders complete a skills-based training that combines key practices that have proven to be effective tools in support such as deep listening, asking powerful questions, guiding somatic inquiry and offering reflection. Sholders are not required to have any institutional degrees or licenses to use these practices to provide community-based support on our platform.
Our staff of world-class psychologists, coaches, healers, and social researchers have developed a proprietary method to best train and certify individuals in becoming Sholders. This unique body of knowledge has been drawn from the best practices across several modalities of healing. By design, our collective of Sholders reflect the whole of human experience to support Sharers to access their own wisdom and perspectives. Sholders are part of a vibrant, engaged community that have access to ongoing training and connection events.
Sholders are required to complete an experientially intensive 18 hour, 2.5 day workshop. Following this initial training, those who wish to become qualified for bookings are assigned to a “pod” with 3-5 other Sholders-in-training. They complete a 6 week practice schedule with observation and feedback from pod leaders. Once all practice hours have been logged, prospective Sholders complete a final qualification process, demonstrating working knowledge of the proprietary Sholder Arc and all of the core skills of the Sholder Method.
You decide. We offer unique pathways for personal evolution that can be utilized in short or long term timeframes. You may need a quick touch base to tackle a specific issue and be on your way or you could benefit from a longer term ongoing relationship.
Trust is critical to ensuring your comfort and safety. As such, your Sholder will only receive your first name and initial and is trained to only discuss topics that you’re comfortable sharing. Sholders sign an agreement to keep confidential any of your personal or sensitive information. In addition to you deciding what level of personal information to share, we use only encrypted communications technologies and offer audio-only options for those who want added anonymity.
- Everything you tell your Sholder is confidential and no personal notes are captured or recorded in our system
- We don’t cooperate or work with any insurance companies so nothing needs to be shared, reported or filed with them
- Our servers are distributed across AWS Data Centers compliant with SOC2, CSA, ISO 27001 among others for optimal security and protection
- Our data center uses automated code testing, vulnerability testing (including OWASP Top 10) and continuous monitoring technologies to protect against malicious actors
- Our browsing encryption system (SSL) follows modern best practices
- Our databases use state of the encryption at rest so that they essentially become useless in the unlikely event that they are stolen or interfered with
No, not at this time. We created Sholder to make mental and emotional well-being more affordable and accessible, which is reflected in our pricing.